The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks, refuelling and battery procedures, steering, load weight assessment and handling, stacking racking, awkward loads and vehicle loading, and unloading and much more.
- Novice Course(5 Day engagement)
- Refresher Course (1 day)
- Experienced Course (2-4 Days)
- Conversion Course (1 day)
- Maximum of 3 Trainees on each course
Course participants are expected to have learnt the following Theoretical skills at the end of their Course.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Refuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls.
Course participants are expected to have learnt the following practical skills at the end of their Course.
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Simple Manoeuvring
- Advanced Manoeuvring
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Hydraulic System
- Weight Assessment
- Handling laden & unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps
- Battery care and maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and unloading
- Practical Examinations
- You will be tested on your knowledge with both a theory test and practical examples.
- We offer In-house and ITSSAR Accredited courses