Reach Forklift Truck
(We Offer In-house and ITSSAR Accredited course)
A Reach forklift truck is an extremely agile forklift, which works well in tight spaces, they are usually very effective machines for warehouse operations.
Learn how to safely and effectively operate a forklift truck in 3 – 5 days.
On completion of the course you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation of Reach trucks.
The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks, refuelling and battery procedures, steering, load weight assessment and handling, stacking racking, awkward loads and vehicle loading, and unloading and much more.
- Novice Course(5 Day engagement)
- Refresher Course
- Experienced Course (2 Days )
- Conversion Course
- Maximum of 3 Trainees on each course
Course participants are expected to have learnt the following Theoretical skills at the end of their Course.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Refuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls.
Course participants are expected to have learnt the following practical skills at the end of their Course.
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Simple Manoeuvring
- Advanced Manoeuvring
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Hydraulic System
- Weight Assessment
- Handling laden & unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps
- Battery care and maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and unloading
- Practical Examinations
- All training is offered ON SITE following a safety brief
- You will be tested on your knowledge with both a theory test and practical examples.